Keeping You Informed
Manufacture of Acidified Canned Foods
Helping businesses that process salsa, pickles and other acidified foods meet training needs and connect with a Process AuthorityPhoto credit: B. Ingham
Your gateway to food safety information from the U.S. govenment and government agencies.
Photo credit: cdc.gov
Safe Produce for Food Pantries Project
Information to help growers, gardeners and food pantries provide safe and healthy fruits and vegetables to food pantry guests.Photo credit: Katelyn Vinson, Kalamazoo Valley Community College
Safe Home Food Preservation
Saving the bounty of your garden as delicious home-preserved food can be rewarding. Be sure to follow safe, research-tested recipes for maximum enjoyment.Photo credit: Mother Earth News
Ask Karen is the new food safety information service available from the United States Department of Agriculture.
Now, automated food safety information is available 24/7 on the prevention of foodborne illness, as well as the safe handling, preparation and storage of meat, poultry and egg products.
ChooseMyPlate.gov helps you focus on key behaviors:
- Enjoy food, but eat less.
- Avoid oversized portions.
- Make half your plate fruits & veggies.
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks.
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat milk.
- Compare sodium in foods.
- Make half your grains whole.
Acidified Foods School - 2017
Date and address:
- February 28 – Madison (FULL)
- March 29 – Wausau (FULL)
- September 19 – Green Bay (register)
- November 7 – Madison (register)
- Brochure and mail-in registration form here
Better Process Control School - 2017
Date and address:
- April 24-27, 2017
- University of Wisconsin-Pyle Conference Center
- Brochure and Schedule
- Online Registration
- Mail or Fax Registration Form
- Daily Parking at State Street Garage
(415 N. Lake Street)
Safe & Healthy: Preserving Food at Home
Join the Blog for frequent updates and tips on safely preserving the bounty of the season.
In the News
Ask a Question
Objective. Research-based. Credible. Information and tools you can use every day to improve your life.
Visit: eXtension.org for more information.